This is a record of the number of times I have learned the same lesson over and over again in the following areas. I am attempting to memorize the verses that match each one in order to get better with age:
1) I will never please everyone, and that’s okay – I just need to do my best to please God
Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.
- Psalm 146:3-4 ESV
- Lesson Learned 1,556 times
2) My toddler says “no” constantly because I have to tell him “no” constantly. Although sometimes he needs to be told “no”, I also need to find ways to reward him for good behavior and feed positivity into him if I want him to act positively toward me.
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 NIV
- Lesson Learned 589 times
3) My husband needs me to laugh at his jokes and will continue the repetitive dialogue until I either laugh or say “You’re so funny!” This is a sign of respect and love for him!
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Proverbs 17:22 ESV
- Lesson Learned 25,899 times
4) I do not have to compare myself to other women, I just need to be the best me that I can be and love others for being the best they can be.
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
- Philippians 1:6 (NLT)
Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.
- Ephesians 4:2 (NLT)
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 Peter 4:8 (NLT)
- Lesson Learned 199,999 times
5) Worrying will not do any good. If I always jump to the worst possible conclusions, it’s like I’m always waiting for the next bad thing to happen instead of enjoying the good things happening right now!
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 (NLT)
- Lesson Learned 205,000 times
6) God is my boss and He overrules everyone else, including my boss at work, my family and friends, my government, my pastor, etc. There is a reason that he gave me the Holy Spirit and the Bible, so that I can know He has great plans for me and gain the ability to discern his message to me personally. If I do not understand this, God will be happy to remind me with a more challenging lesson the next time to learn and grow from.
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.
- Colossians 3:23-24 (NLT, second edition)
- Lesson Learned 8 billion times